Economical and high-capacity self-unloading deck conveyor systems for bulk carriers
The MacGregor deck conveyor system for bulk carriers is easy and quick to install at a low cost. It is suitable for the conversion of Handymax and Panamax vessels. Its concept is based on the use of existing or new deck cranes, which – in combination with a number of large hoppers on deck, a system of longitudinal/ cross conveyors, and a boom conveyor – transport material from the holds to shore facilities, or offshore to barges or other vessels.
The deck conveyor system offers great advantages including:
- low total cost
- low power consumption
- suitable for standard ship designs
- can handle most coarse materials
- the system can be both self-loading and self-unloading
- ideally suited for transfer operations
- ideally suited for conversions
The equipment can handle a wide range of cargoes, including coal, iron ore, gravel, clinker, gypsum rock and aggregates.