The MacGregor ramp cover is a hatch cover over a fixed ramp. It fulfils the same requirements for load-carrying capacity and the same tightness as the surrounding fixed deck.
MacGregor ramp covers are custom-designed to incorporate features that vary for different vessel types and the type of cargo. The design will be influenced by factors such as surrounding deck UDL, maximum vehicle weight, headroom and traffic density. The ramp cover can be side-hinged or end-hinged. The side-hinged ramp cover, built in sections, provides the best solution when a long ramp is required.
- side-hinged or end-hinged type; in one or more sections
- control system: manual or automated
- hydraulic or electric operation
- handrails, manual or automated
- sealing: watertight, gastight; or combined with fire protection