K4 electro-hydraulic four-rope grab cranes for operation with mechanical grabs are self-contained units with all machinery enclosed in the crane housing. This protects them from dust, weather, corrosion and damage.
The standard K4 range covers lifting capacities from 25 to 35 tonnes in grab operation, with outreaches up to 32m.
Each crane is tested electrically, hydraulically and mechanically before delivery.
K4 cranes are designed to meet the rules of all recognised classification societies.
The MacGregor control system ensures smooth, fast and stepless crane control. Hoisting, luffing and slewing motions are independent of each other. This means that at their maximum capacity, K4 cranes can operate at full speed using all three movements at the same time.
K4 crane design is calculated according to the latest FEM rules, 1.001.
For K4 standard units, where U5-A6-Q3 applies to the whole crane, this equates:
- Up to 500,000 hoisting cycles during the lifetime of the crane
- Up to 1500 working hours/year
- Hoisting capacity: 25-35t in grab operation and 27.5-37.5t in hook operation
- Jib radius: 20-32m
- Hoisting speed: 30-45m/min
Important crane criteria
- FEM-rules, 1.001
- FEM-Class U5-A6-Q3
- High capacity, tonne/hours
- High speed
- Positioning performance
- Operator convenience
- Robust design
- Closed hydraulic system; all motions are available at the same time at full speed and load
- Low power consumption
- Planetary gears and hydraulic motors with fail-safe brakes
- Excellent and optimised control
- Individual adjustment possibilities
- Enhanced monitoring capabilities
- Integrated diagnostic functions
- Camera on jib top
- Automatic greasing of slewing bearing