Training for steering gear
MacGregor supplies Porsgrunn and Hatlapa steering gear, acquiring extensive knowledge and skills through decades of deliveries. We offer client-specific training courses for both Hatlapa and Porsgrunn steering gear equipment to ensure that it is operated as efficiently and safely as possible. Our steering gear product range comprises piston-type, RAM-type and rotary vane-type steering gear.
Porsgrunn steering gear courses are offered at our state-of-the-art facilities at the MacGregor Training Academy in Arendal, Norway. Included are virtual reality training and classroom group sessions for rotary vane-type steering gear.
Hatlapa steering gear courses are offered at our facilities in Uetersen, Germany for piston-type ’Neptune’, RAM-type ’Poseidon‘ and rotary vane-type ’Triton’ steering gear.
Courses include lectures, problem-solving exercises, learning activities and exams. Our courses can be arranged at other locations around the world on request.
Benefits for you:
- The operators learn to use their equipment safely and efficiently
- Better understanding of the control system
- Better understanding of components and technical details
- Quicker troubleshooting
- Preventative maintenance extends equipment
Our training course consists of:
- Introduction to steering gear (Porsgrunn or Hatlapa)
- Component descriptions and basic functions
- Operating procedures for crew
- Control system understanding
- Hydraulic and electrical system knowledge
- Equipment testing procedures
- Equipment maintenance training
- Basic troubleshooting
- Simulator training
- Additional content by request
Read more from our brochure:
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about training for Porsgrunn steering gear, or to email@example.com to get more information of training for Hatlapa steering gear.