Offshore AHC cranes
MacGregor’s range of active heave-compensated (AHC) cranes, including subsea cranes, is designed for accurate lifts in all conditions, including extreme environments with temperatures from plus to minus 40°C. They can be delivered with hydraulic or electric winch drives. The electro-hydraulic power unit (HPU) and winch can be located either on the crane or below deck.
All motions, including active heave-compensation, tension-modes and auxiliary and tugger winch functions, are integrated within a powerful and intuitive in-house designed control system. This assures precision and safety during critical operations.
The cranes have a safe working load capacity of up to 600 tonnes (single line) and can work at depths beyond 4,000m. Fibre-rope solutions enable operations at even greater depths.
All MacGregor knuckle-jib cranes are specially-designed to provide extra height for very tall loads. This feature offers operators greater flexibility during lift planning operations. MacGregor AHC cranes can be delivered with a range of options.
- Lifting capacity up to 600t single line / 900t double fall
- AHC direct on winch
- In-house developed control system
- Main winch wire capacity up to 4,000m
- Main winch can be mounted on the crane or below deck
- Auxiliary winches with up to 50t SWL and 4000m wire capacity
- Fully-equipped, spacious, air-conditioned, ergonomically designed operator cabin
- Tugger winches
- Special high-lift mode for knuckle-jib cranes
- Wire rope integrity monitoring system
- Double compensated ship-to-ship transfer system
- Constant tensioning/auto-tensioning system
- Certified for personnel lift
- Winterisation package
- Dynamic load calculator with planning tool integrated into the crane’s control system
- C-HOW simulation platform
- MacGregor OnWatch – satellite-based online support system with remote diagnostics
- Other special features on request