Offshore AHC cranes
MacGregor’s range of active heave-compensated (AHC) cranes, including subsea cranes, is designed for accurate lifts in all conditions, including extreme environments with temperatures from plus to minus 40°C. They can be delivered with hydraulic or electric winch drives. The electro-hydraulic power unit (HPU) and winch can be located either on the crane or below deck.
All motions, including active heave-compensation, tension-modes and auxiliary and tugger winch functions, are integrated within a powerful and intuitive in-house designed control system. This assures precision and safety during critical operations.
The cranes have a safe working load capacity of up to 600 tonnes (single line) and can work at depths beyond 4,000m. Fibre-rope solutions enable operations at even greater depths.
All MacGregor knuckle-jib cranes are specially-designed to provide extra height for very tall loads. This feature offers operators greater flexibility during lift planning operations. MacGregor AHC cranes can be delivered with a range of options.
- Lifting capacity up to 600t single line / 900t double fall
- AHC direct on winch
- In-house developed control system
- Main winch wire capacity up to 4,000m
- Main winch can be mounted on the crane or below deck
- Auxiliary winches with up to 50t SWL and 4000m wire capacity
- Fully-equipped, spacious, air-conditioned, ergonomically designed operator cabin
- Tugger winches
- Special high-lift mode for knuckle-jib cranes
- Wire rope integrity monitoring system
- Double compensated ship-to-ship transfer system
- Constant tensioning/auto-tensioning system
- Certified for personnel lift
- Winterisation package
- Dynamic load calculator with planning tool integrated into the crane’s control system
- C-HOW simulation platform
- MacGregor OnWatch – satellite-based online support system with remote diagnostics
- Other special features on request
Read more from our brochure:
3-axis motion compensation cranes
MacGregor three-axis motion-compensation cranes use proven technology that ensures high degrees of stability and safety for personnel and load transfers.
Colibri 3D motion compensated cranes
All Colibri cranes are based on a range of cylinder luffing cranes designed for long service life in harsh North Sea conditions.
Fibre-rope active heave-compensated (AHC) cranes, based on proven technology, allow operators to use the full lifting potential of the crane.
MacGregor’s range of offshore cranes is designed for accurate lifts in all conditions, including extremely cold environments with temperatures down to -40°C.
Pipe and riser handling cranes
MacGregor pipe and riser handling cranes combine multi-disciplinary expertise to offer you a complete scope of operational solutions
Semi-electric AHC cranes
MacGregor's semi-electric AHC cranes combine environmental, functional and commercial benefits.