Anchor handling / towing winches
MacGregor anchor handling/towing winches are designed for specific customer requirements and offer the best possible solution for a specified scope of work.
MacGregor supplies a broad range of winches and their related components to meet all the needs of the offshore industry. The wire-spooling system ensures excellent wire spooling of extremely long wires without the need for a defined minimum distance between the winch and the first wire sheave. The wire can be deployed in any direction when leaving the winch. MacGregor winches equipped with this system offer maximum installation options in limited spaces.
Standard features include:
- Variable frequency drive or electro-hydraulic systems
- Single, double, or triple drum configuration in a waterfall arrangement
- 10 to 600-tonne rated line-pull on first layer
- First layer static brake holding up to 750 tonnes by hydraulic fail safe spring loaded braking system available.
- Dynamic braking to facilitate high-load, high-speed lowering with de-clutching
Additional special functions include auto variable speed control, wire spooling and guide systems, grooved drums, an emergency release function, gravity lowering, and an emergency hoisting function.