Anchor windlass / mooring winches (offshore)
Efficient, safe and reliable anchor windlass and mooring winches are critical to successful operations. MacGregor supplies a broad range of these winches and their related components to meet all the needs of the offshore industry.
Our winches can be delivered as the lifting element in other complete systems or as standalone single units for specific lifting operations. We can supply all the necessary wiring systems, power packs and control systems as part of a complete package.
The wire-spooling system ensures excellent wire spooling of extremely long wires without the need for a defined minimum distance between the winch and the first wire sheave. The wire can be deployed in any direction when leaving the winch. MacGregor winches equipped with this system offer maximum installation options in limited spaces.
Standard features include:
- Electric- or electro-hydraulic/air drives
- Single, double, or triple drum configuration in a side-by-side or waterfall arrangement
- 5 to 300-tonne rated line-pull on first layer
- First layer static brake holding up to 500 tonnes or complying with ISO/classification society requirements
- Manually or hydraulically-operated fail-safe brake
- Dynamic braking to facilitate high-load, high-speed lowering with de-clutching
MacGregor winches can be delivered with additional functions such as constant tensioning, passive or active heave-compensation based on direct winch operation or in-line cylinder units, including control systems and power units. The reference system for such applications is normally guideline-free and based on motion signals from a motion reference unit (MRU).
Additional special functions include auto variable speed control, wire spooling and guide systems, grooved drums, an emergency release function, gravity lowering, and an emergency hoisting function.