Hydraulic Bulker Crane
MacGregor hydraulic bulker crane offers high capacity bulk handling with proven performance capabilities
Bulker Crane - Hydraulic GLB
MacGregor understands that high-performance, high-precision cranes are the basic requirement for fast and effective bulk handling.
Our electro-hydraulic deck cranes (type GLB) are intended for use on bulk carriers. They work in some of the toughest conditions, so a robust, reliable design is essential.
MacGregor bulker crane designs are based on our long experience and are backed up by unrivaled global service support and a proven track record of more than 13,000 crane deliveries worldwide over the past 50 years.
Hydraulic Bulker Crane
The crane offers multiple benefits:
- Excellent positioning performance to reduce time in port
- Prepared for grab equipment
- Closed loop hydraulic system
- Stepless and independent crane control with hoisting, luffing and slewing motions
- All machinery is weather-protected inside crane housing
- Up to SWL 25t - 45t
Closed Loop System
All MacGregor hydraulic cranes are built upon the latest closed loop hydraulic design.
Benefits of a closed loop hydraulic system:
- All motions are available at the same time at full speed and load
- Speed control more accurate compared to an open loop system
- Regenerative power will be obtained at lowering of load and jib
- Fewer losses than an open loop system
- Less cooling needed
Crane Control System
The MacGregor control system ensures smooth, fast and stepless crane control, with hoisting, luffing and slewing motions independent of each other. This means that at their maximum capacity, GLH cranes can operate at full speed using all three movements at the same time.
The in-house system development allows individual adjustment possibilities and includes monitoring and diagnostic functions.
Option for OnWatch Scout
OnWatch Scout increases the flow of information and moves support from a reactive to proactive mode, with operational data streamed directly from the vessel, monitored, analysed, and used to provide guidance on performance.
The crane can be equipped with various functions and equipment:
- Power swivel with Active Rotation Control (ARC)
- Active Pendulation Control (APC)
- Anti-collision system
- Auto team
- AutoGrip – Feature for optimal filling of mechanical grab
- Camera system (CCTV)
- Swing defeater
- Power limitation
- Ship Motion Compensation
- Target tracking
- Ships office