Electric Heavy Lift Cranes
Fast, clean and controlled lifts with MacGregor electric VFD cranes
Heavy Lift Crane - Electric (GLHE)
The MacGregor electric drive heavy lift crane (type GLHE) is the first choice for highly efficient and environmentally friendly cargo operation.
GLHE crane designs are based on MacGregor’s lengthy experience and backed-up by unrivalled global service support and a proven track record of more than 13,000 crane deliveries worldwide over the past 50 years
The crane offers multiple benefits
- Up to 50% lower energy consumption (especially during standby mode)
- Up to 50% lower fuel consumption
- Potential savings in capital expenditure through reduced generator size
- Smaller electric cables and no oil filling
- Superior cargo handling efficiency due to higher speeds and precision control, reducing time in port
- Increased operator & crew comfort though significantly reduced noise levels
- Lower maintenance costs without the need to change oil, oil filters, and hoses
- A sustainable choice that removes the risk of oil leakage
- Up to SWL 180t
Generation 2 Drive System
Like all MacGregor electric cranes, the GLHE series is built upon the Generation 2 variable frequency drive (VFD) design.
The advanced design is based on the latest generation of water-cooled electric motors and inverters. Also, it includes a direct motor connection for further improved power efficiency due to less power transmission losses.
Crane Control System
The MacGregor control system ensures smooth, fast and stepless crane control, with hoisting, luffing and slewing motions independent of each other. This means that at their maximum capacity, GLH cranes can operate at full speed using all three movements at the same time.
The in-house system development allows individual adjustment possibilities and includes monitoring and diagnostic functions.
Option for OnWatch Scout
OnWatch Scout increases the flow of information and moves support from a reactive to proactive mode, with operational data streamed directly from the vessel, monitored, analysed, and used to provide guidance on performance.
The crane can be equipped with various functions and equipment:
- Power swivel with Active Rotation Control (ARC)
- Active Pendulation Control (APC)
- Anti-collision system
- Auto team
- AutoGrip – Feature for optimal filling of mechanical grab
- Camera system (CCTV)
- Swing defeater
- Power limitation
- Ship Motion Compensation
- Target tracking
- Ships office